Friday 13 September 2013

Mac Studio Sculpt Foundation

I've had this foundation for quite a while but have never reviewed it, it's one of my all times favourites and one I always come back to. The consistency is unlike any other foundation I have tried, it's a mixture of liquid, mousse and gel. It does feel quite thick and does take quite a bit of working into the skin, I find that the Real Techniques Buffing Brush is the perfect brush! I tend to use this foundation on my 'bad skin days' as the coverage is medium to full so it covers any uneven skin tone and redness perfectly, if light foundations are your thing, I would steer clear of this foundation. It is definitely for those people who need/want more coverage and like a "flawless" base as that's exactly what it does! It also lasts all day, even when I've been busy at work. I think this foundation would be great for oily skins but the formula also means it works great for normal to dry skin. However if you have extremely dry skin I don't think this is the best foundation you could try. I have the shade NC20 which is the perfect match to my skin, in the tube and when I squeeze it out, it does look a tiny bit orange however once buffed into the skin it matches exactly! I love the packaging of this foundation, as I've mentioned before I am quite clumsy so glass bottles are not always great for me. The tube means that I never accidentally squeeze out too much product and it's great to travel with. For £25 you get 40ml of product which is good value as usually you get 30ml! 

Have you ever tried this foundation?


17 comments

  1. My skin tends to get oily as the day goes on and I can sometimes feel like foundation is sliding off my face :( Would you recommend it? I've never bought MAC makeup but I think I might just need to take the plunge and buy this little guy!

    Rach x

    www.rachael-skil.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this foundation for when I want more coverage, it's perfect!

    Megan xxx
    Thumbelina Lillie | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've recently bought this foundation, after wanting it for ages so I'm looking forward to wearing it (:

    L x

    ReplyDelete
  4. this foundation is definitely not for oily skin as its very moisturizing because its a gel texture, i've tried studio sculpt CONCEALER and it broke me out so bad because my skin is so oily. this is definitely more for dry skin because it gives that dewy finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a wonderful foundation and provides coverage however when I used it I had a major reaction to it and it took ages to get my skin back to normal so have avoided it since.

    Shame as it did leave my skin looking good!

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear a lot of people say they break out to Mac foundations, I usually break out with everything but I was lucky with this one! :) xx

      Delete
  6. I have never tried this - which powder do you set it with? :)

    Zoe x
    dailyfacebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I either use my Mac MSF natural or my L'oreal True Match Power, although out of the two I prefer the L'oreal one! :) xx

      Delete
  7. This use to be my favourite foundation before Nars Sheer Glow took over my life. I really need to try it again as i loved the coverage of it!
    zozeze.com x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been so tempted to but this foundation on so many occasions! It
    seems like it works really well for you! Maybe I will take the plunge soon!

    Holly xxx

    www.alongcamehollyblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks like a lovely foundation. I love Mac products x

    www.crazylins.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never actually tried this foundation, but I do like foundations with medium/full coverage... I may certainly have to purchase this soon as I really think I would like it!!

    Would love it if you could check out our blog!
    http://uniquebeautysecrets.blogspot.co.uk/

    Louise xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds lovely! You've just made choosing a new foundation so much easier :) I'm currently using their Mineralize Satinfinish foundation which I really like but I'm looking for something with a bit more coverage x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I own this foundation and I have to say I love it! I'm nearly out of mine but I will definitely be repurchasing. I especially love this foundation for the winter as I prefer full coverage foundations in the colder months. Great post x

    http://lovemake-uplovefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Think when pay day comes i may need to give this a try!! <3

    paigejoanna.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've always heard mixed reviews on MAC foundations but this seems really good especially as I much prefer full coverage foundations. Great review. I love your blog. xxx
    Grace | Glitter and Carousels

    ReplyDelete